Thursday 1 November 2012

Why running makes us happy! :Scientific explanation






http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/life/inside-the-mind/emotions/exercise-happiness.htm
I’m a really happy person. At a time when people think I’d be falling asleep at my desk and unable do anything I ironically feel fresh, less tired and incredibly happy and fulfilled.

I believe people nowadays are too comfortable. People often quote as having a tough life. But, the general struggles of yester-year aren’t really there and people are wrapped up in cotton wool. Because of this, are people living, and not thriving?

I am thriving. With running, every day I feel a sense.. not of contentment….but of euphoria. I guess when I run – images become more clearly pixalated? Colours are brighter! I see things I otherwise wondered see, think or even hear. I also feel great clarity and a sense of self pride.

But why is this? Why am I so happy? Is it just a coincidence that I run an intense amount each day/ week?? Or does running enhance my mood, purely with my constant boosts of the ‘happy hormones’.

Can running make us Happy? Read the Scientific explanation attached and find out for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment