Monday 5 November 2012

Geoff Roes: Somebody who, like me, runs for the solitude and tranquility

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5AzvOLUtOI


I admire Geoff Roes, as like me he runs for the solitude and tranquillity running brings.
Originally from New York, Geoff now divides his time between Alaska and Colorado – running in the most beautiful and steep terrains. #jealousy#
Before races, Geoff has been known to stay in Mountains on his lonesome for a whole week soaking up the atmosphere of sheer beauty and the silence of the outdoors, in nature. (I Think Zoe would be a bit scared if I was out by myself!)
As well as being known as a kind person, and as somebody who lives for the mountains (as do I) I also started to admire Geoff following his Western States victory in 2010. Not because of his win but, because he came from behind and gained some serious ground to smash it home to a then course record. The spirit he showed simply exemplifies his courage – on one of those days where your body can just feel great.
It’s like that particularly in Australia. When the weather isn’t warm – wet or windy – that doesn’t bother me, but it’s the heat that can slow you down. It’s enjoyable, but if your intake of salts isn’t good and you set off too fast, you can start to feel sick a couple of hours in. You always need to be weary of this condition.
CHECK OUT THE LINK ABOVE ABOUT THE INCREDIBLE GEOFF ROES WITH THIS DOCUMENTARY FROM RUNNING TIMES AND GAIN AN UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT DRIVES GEOFF AND SO WHEN TRAILS/ MOUNTAIN/ ULTRA RUNNERS TO DO WHAT WE DO. WE AREN’T CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment