Sunday 11 November 2012

Making a Running and Trigger Point Video at Body Leadership Physiotherapy



http://www.bodyleadership.com.au/physiotherapy_brisbane.html

As already posted about, Body Leadership - run by the wonderful Paul Trevethan and his lovely wife, Ange - is a incredible Physiotherapy clinic in Brisbane that support local athletes in helping out with the local community whilst also, providing an incredible, passionate, multi-disciplinary approach in their treatment methods. It is Incredible! (it's also excellent for workplace injury prevention)

Since contacting me, Paul has been incredibly supportive and on Sunday I got to go down to Coorparoo and Paul and I - being naturals in front of the camera (#cough) (Paul is....) - made a couple of videos. The first video being about Chi running - discussing the core principles and what's important to reflect and focus on when running in order to go further and run progressively without injury.

This technique was then applied to Trigger Point release technique in a second video - looking at how to relieve tension following runs to maximise performance and reduce chances of injury. For example, have you ever had a knot taken out of your neck?? Not many people are away that this can be done all over the body. Paul is incredible at tension release and creating preventive measures in reducing these symptoms.

The videos should up uploaded soon on the attached site and I'd upload them too, soon.

IF YOU LIVE IN BRISBANE I TRULY, TRULY SUGGEST SEEING BODY LEADERSHIP. THEY PROVIDE AN INCREDIBLE KNOWLEDGE-BASE IN HELPING TAKE LEADERSHIP OF YOUR BODY AND NEVER FACE THE INJURIES YOU'VE PREVIOUSLY FACED BEFORE!

1 comment:

  1. I can vouch for that. After 15 years of shin splints and 12 years of ITB pain that other physios said were never going to heal (I saw those physios 10 years ago), my shins are finally pain free thanks to Paul and his elbows. Now I just have to wait for my SIJ to readjust to my untwisted legs and then I'll be out running like never before.

    ReplyDelete