Monday 8 October 2012

Quick Intro



So, I’m William Wragg. Despite growing up as a Soccer/ football player I have, over the past year, evolved as a Trails/ Ultra Runner.

I grew up in Lea, Derbyshire, England in a quaint Village, stacked with awesome inclines and running terrains aplenty.

Between the start of 2008 and the end point of 2011 I suffered with chronic Shin splints and ITBS (Iliotibial Band Syndrome) and no treatments had been successful in reducing my symptoms. However, one day I decided I had to find the solution or a change that would reduce/ cure my injuries.

Previously, in 2006, I had read Dean Karnazes’ Ultramarathon Man book and I became obsessed with envisaging myself running long distances. I knew that should I gain the ability to run long distances, that I basically would not stop.

I came across Chi Running, a running technique developed by Danny Dreyer and bought a pair of Vibrams to learn the technique in a barefoot, minimalist approach.

Straight away I went from running 30 minutes (before the onset of pain) to running for 3 hours pain-free.

During the past 12 months, since starting to Chi Run, I have run well over 100 miles a week and this year dabbled in Ultramarathon competition. Next year however, I’m ready to take on the elite runners, and feel ready to really show what I’m made of.

I decided to compete in the 50/50 Multi-Marathon because a) I wanted to test myself physically and mentally, and really condition myself as a runner and to inspire people to get up and make things happen for themselfbut most importantly B) MY PASSION FOR CHARITY/ NON PROFIT WORK. PLEASE READ IN MY NEXT POST……


No comments:

Post a Comment